THIS WEEK IN NOCO SPORTS
Track and Field
Two school records and a handful of personal records fell this weekend as Northern Colorado track and field competed at the coveted Don Kirby Invite.
The newest program records to fall came in the women’s 200m dash and the women’s triple jump.
On the women’s side, senior sprinter, Moriah Zachary kick started the meet by besting the school record, which she already owned, in the women’s 200m dash. Zachary sprinted to the finish in 24.16 seconds, besting her previous time of 24.37.
Zachary now also holds the fastest 200m time in the Big Sky with the finish. Zachary was also able to secure a Top 15 placement in the event, taking 12th in the field of 117. The senior also ran a season-best time in the 60m dash, breaking the tape in 7.59 seconds and sat in 10th after the qualifying round.
The second school record to fall over the weekend came in the women’s triple jump. Junior transfer Julliette Cossey hit the pit in 12.02m (39-05.25), breaking the previous record of 11.86m, set by Alisha Allen in 2013.
Sophomore Cammy Sargent continued her impressive indoor season in the women’s 800m run.
Sargent placed second overall with a time of 2:12.72, just missing out on first place in the 35-member field.
The track and field teams will have one final meet at the Joe Davies Invite on Feb. 18 in Golden, Colorado before heading to the Big Sky Track and Field Championships in Idaho.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program