Nancy Karlin named professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Nancy Karlin has been at UNC for 23 years and was voted the Best Professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Colleen Allison | The Mirror
Nancy Karlin, a professor at UNC for 23 years, represents the best when it comes to the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
She specializes in experimental and social psychology. She was born in North Platte, Neb., and is the only girl among four children.
Karlin studied at Evangel University in Missouri, earning a bachelor's degree in psychology. She went on to attain a master's degree in general psychology at Fort Hays University in Kansas, then a Ph.D. in experimental psychology with an emphasis on social psychology from Colorado State University.
Other than teaching as a grad student, UNC is the only school at which Karlin has instructed students in courses.
"I didn't originally intend to (teach), Karlin said. "I was going to go into a private practice for psychology. They offered teaching internships at my grad school, and I realized how much I loved day-to-day interactions with students."
While teaching may not have been in Karlin's original plan, she has faced the challenge of molding young minds and has done exceptionally well, being recognized as one of the best professors that UNC has to offer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
- Northern Colorado's Harrison Hall holds Haunted House on Halloween
- Religious debate takes place outside of Northern Colorado University Center
- Former partier talks to Northern Colorado students about alcohol
- The years of protest marching are dead today
- Letter to the editor: Gardner wrong on health
- Facebook leads to philisophical life epiphany
- Northern Colorado student athletes talk about Bear Pride
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!