Nancy Karlin named professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Nancy Karlin has been at UNC for 23 years and was voted the Best Professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Colleen Allison | The Mirror
Nancy Karlin, a professor at UNC for 23 years, represents the best when it comes to the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
She specializes in experimental and social psychology. She was born in North Platte, Neb., and is the only girl among four children.
Karlin studied at Evangel University in Missouri, earning a bachelor's degree in psychology. She went on to attain a master's degree in general psychology at Fort Hays University in Kansas, then a Ph.D. in experimental psychology with an emphasis on social psychology from Colorado State University.
Other than teaching as a grad student, UNC is the only school at which Karlin has instructed students in courses.
"I didn't originally intend to (teach), Karlin said. "I was going to go into a private practice for psychology. They offered teaching internships at my grad school, and I realized how much I loved day-to-day interactions with students."
While teaching may not have been in Karlin's original plan, she has faced the challenge of molding young minds and has done exceptionally well, being recognized as one of the best professors that UNC has to offer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?