Nancy Karlin named professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Nancy Karlin has been at UNC for 23 years and was voted the Best Professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Colleen Allison | The Mirror
Nancy Karlin, a professor at UNC for 23 years, represents the best when it comes to the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
She specializes in experimental and social psychology. She was born in North Platte, Neb., and is the only girl among four children.
Karlin studied at Evangel University in Missouri, earning a bachelor's degree in psychology. She went on to attain a master's degree in general psychology at Fort Hays University in Kansas, then a Ph.D. in experimental psychology with an emphasis on social psychology from Colorado State University.
Other than teaching as a grad student, UNC is the only school at which Karlin has instructed students in courses.
"I didn't originally intend to (teach), Karlin said. "I was going to go into a private practice for psychology. They offered teaching internships at my grad school, and I realized how much I loved day-to-day interactions with students."
While teaching may not have been in Karlin's original plan, she has faced the challenge of molding young minds and has done exceptionally well, being recognized as one of the best professors that UNC has to offer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
- Season Appreciation Something of the Past
- ‘To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected’
- Up in smoke: Policy change impacts vapor shops in Northern Colorado
- Cyberbullies be warned
- Northern Colorado club sports offer students opportunities
- Northern Colorado swimming and diving takes third in WAC
- How to get a job in the tech age in Northern Colorado
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes