Nancy Karlin named professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Nancy Karlin has been at UNC for 23 years and was voted the Best Professor of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Colleen Allison | The Mirror
Nancy Karlin, a professor at UNC for 23 years, represents the best when it comes to the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
She specializes in experimental and social psychology. She was born in North Platte, Neb., and is the only girl among four children.
Karlin studied at Evangel University in Missouri, earning a bachelor's degree in psychology. She went on to attain a master's degree in general psychology at Fort Hays University in Kansas, then a Ph.D. in experimental psychology with an emphasis on social psychology from Colorado State University.
Other than teaching as a grad student, UNC is the only school at which Karlin has instructed students in courses.
"I didn't originally intend to (teach), Karlin said. "I was going to go into a private practice for psychology. They offered teaching internships at my grad school, and I realized how much I loved day-to-day interactions with students."
While teaching may not have been in Karlin's original plan, she has faced the challenge of molding young minds and has done exceptionally well, being recognized as one of the best professors that UNC has to offer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities