Colorado governor makes appointment to UNC Board of Trustees
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper recently appointed Anthony D. Salazar of Denver to a four-year term on the University of Northern Colorado's Board of Trustees, according to a UNC news release.
Salazar, executive director of the Colorado Education Association, where he's served since 2001, replaces Jerry Morgensen, who completed his term that expired in December.
Salazar previously served as associate budget director at the University of Colorado System Office and as a research associate for the Colorado General Assembly's Office of Legislative Council.
Involved in numerous community and professional activities, Salazar co-chairs the Higher Education Access Alliance. He earned a bachelor's degree with honors in Political Science and English from the University of Denver in 1994.
UNC's Board of Trustees consists of seven members appointed by the governor, a faculty member elected by peers and a student elected by peers. For more information about the board, visit http://www.unco.edu/trustees. For more information on Boards and Commissions, click here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Mirror News Articles
Recent The Mirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIRROR NEWS
- Northern Colorado volleyball splits final two games of CSU tournament
- CSU volleyball tourney starts off with a sweep
- Northern Colorado soccer team takes down Missouri Redhawks
- Chalk art record attempt at UNC
- What happens in Vegas...
- Art exhibition begins week-long display
- Sticky paws make for satisfied Bears
RECENT THE MIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network