Colorado governor makes appointment to UNC Board of Trustees
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper recently appointed Anthony D. Salazar of Denver to a four-year term on the University of Northern Colorado's Board of Trustees, according to a UNC news release.
Salazar, executive director of the Colorado Education Association, where he's served since 2001, replaces Jerry Morgensen, who completed his term that expired in December.
Salazar previously served as associate budget director at the University of Colorado System Office and as a research associate for the Colorado General Assembly's Office of Legislative Council.
Involved in numerous community and professional activities, Salazar co-chairs the Higher Education Access Alliance. He earned a bachelor's degree with honors in Political Science and English from the University of Denver in 1994.
UNC's Board of Trustees consists of seven members appointed by the governor, a faculty member elected by peers and a student elected by peers. For more information about the board, visit http://www.unco.edu/trustees. For more information on Boards and Commissions, click here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protect Your Kid's Identity
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow