Colorado governor makes appointment to UNC Board of Trustees
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper recently appointed Anthony D. Salazar of Denver to a four-year term on the University of Northern Colorado's Board of Trustees, according to a UNC news release.
Salazar, executive director of the Colorado Education Association, where he's served since 2001, replaces Jerry Morgensen, who completed his term that expired in December.
Salazar previously served as associate budget director at the University of Colorado System Office and as a research associate for the Colorado General Assembly's Office of Legislative Council.
Involved in numerous community and professional activities, Salazar co-chairs the Higher Education Access Alliance. He earned a bachelor's degree with honors in Political Science and English from the University of Denver in 1994.
UNC's Board of Trustees consists of seven members appointed by the governor, a faculty member elected by peers and a student elected by peers. For more information about the board, visit http://www.unco.edu/trustees. For more information on Boards and Commissions, click here or e-mail email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities