New exhibit features artwork of former University of Northern Colorado professor
Senior fine arts major Andrew Hodgen looks over several pieces by former UNC professor Bill Cordiner at the Mariana Gallery on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 5. Joelle Romero | The Mirror
"Frougewerk," an exhibit featuring the art of former University of Northern Colorado professor William Cordiner, opened in the Mariana Gallery at Guggenheim Hall Wednesday. The exhibit embodied 40 years of work in beautifully crafted sculptures, collages, and multimedia works.
Cordiner worked at the University of Northern Colorado from 1966-1995, teaching sculpture, collage and foundation art. He passed away October 1, 2012.
Joan Shannon-Miller, the director of Oak Room Gallery and Mariana Gallery, organized the exhibit in honor of Cordiner. The exhibit will remain open until October 5.
Cordiner's widow, Lynne Hemingway Cordiner, said, "The pieces are your friends. They have a mind and soul of their own. His work is understood by the heart, not intellectually.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now