New exhibit features artwork of former University of Northern Colorado professor
Senior fine arts major Andrew Hodgen looks over several pieces by former UNC professor Bill Cordiner at the Mariana Gallery on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 5. Joelle Romero | The Mirror
"Frougewerk," an exhibit featuring the art of former University of Northern Colorado professor William Cordiner, opened in the Mariana Gallery at Guggenheim Hall Wednesday. The exhibit embodied 40 years of work in beautifully crafted sculptures, collages, and multimedia works.
Cordiner worked at the University of Northern Colorado from 1966-1995, teaching sculpture, collage and foundation art. He passed away October 1, 2012.
Joan Shannon-Miller, the director of Oak Room Gallery and Mariana Gallery, organized the exhibit in honor of Cordiner. The exhibit will remain open until October 5.
Cordiner's widow, Lynne Hemingway Cordiner, said, "The pieces are your friends. They have a mind and soul of their own. His work is understood by the heart, not intellectually.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More UNC Mirror News Articles
Recent UNC Mirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNC MIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNC MIRROR NEWS
- Northern Colorado student Amber "Billy" Chadderdon finds her path
- COLUMN: Stay young-and classy-Northern Colorado grads
- EDITORIAL: Take advantage of summer while you still can, undergraduates
- Northern Colorado student Steven Josephson combines art and news
- Northern Colorado Hazel E. Johnson award winner aspires to be Colorado educator
- University of Northern Colorado swimmer balances nursing program and...
- The triple-major athlete: Joe Carroll Q&A
RECENT UNC MIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools