New exhibit features artwork of former University of Northern Colorado professor
Senior fine arts major Andrew Hodgen looks over several pieces by former UNC professor Bill Cordiner at the Mariana Gallery on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 5. Joelle Romero | The Mirror
"Frougewerk," an exhibit featuring the art of former University of Northern Colorado professor William Cordiner, opened in the Mariana Gallery at Guggenheim Hall Wednesday. The exhibit embodied 40 years of work in beautifully crafted sculptures, collages, and multimedia works.
Cordiner worked at the University of Northern Colorado from 1966-1995, teaching sculpture, collage and foundation art. He passed away October 1, 2012.
Joan Shannon-Miller, the director of Oak Room Gallery and Mariana Gallery, organized the exhibit in honor of Cordiner. The exhibit will remain open until October 5.
Cordiner's widow, Lynne Hemingway Cordiner, said, "The pieces are your friends. They have a mind and soul of their own. His work is understood by the heart, not intellectually.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities