New exhibit features artwork of former University of Northern Colorado professor
Senior fine arts major Andrew Hodgen looks over several pieces by former UNC professor Bill Cordiner at the Mariana Gallery on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 5. Joelle Romero | The Mirror
"Frougewerk," an exhibit featuring the art of former University of Northern Colorado professor William Cordiner, opened in the Mariana Gallery at Guggenheim Hall Wednesday. The exhibit embodied 40 years of work in beautifully crafted sculptures, collages, and multimedia works.
Cordiner worked at the University of Northern Colorado from 1966-1995, teaching sculpture, collage and foundation art. He passed away October 1, 2012.
Joan Shannon-Miller, the director of Oak Room Gallery and Mariana Gallery, organized the exhibit in honor of Cordiner. The exhibit will remain open until October 5.
Cordiner's widow, Lynne Hemingway Cordiner, said, "The pieces are your friends. They have a mind and soul of their own. His work is understood by the heart, not intellectually.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
- Pet homelessness continues to grow
- Walking along the blue wall
- Are there potentially dangerous gaps in the law for owning firearms?
- Chemistry teachers flock to UNC for conference
- UNC Study of Prehistoric Archaeological Sites Receives BLM Funding
- Why I'm afraid for the upcoming presidential election
- Jeff Linder brought on as UNC Men's Basketball Head Coach
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board