New exhibit features artwork of former University of Northern Colorado professor
Senior fine arts major Andrew Hodgen looks over several pieces by former UNC professor Bill Cordiner at the Mariana Gallery on Wednesday, Sept. 4. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 5. Joelle Romero | The Mirror
"Frougewerk," an exhibit featuring the art of former University of Northern Colorado professor William Cordiner, opened in the Mariana Gallery at Guggenheim Hall Wednesday. The exhibit embodied 40 years of work in beautifully crafted sculptures, collages, and multimedia works.
Cordiner worked at the University of Northern Colorado from 1966-1995, teaching sculpture, collage and foundation art. He passed away October 1, 2012.
Joan Shannon-Miller, the director of Oak Room Gallery and Mariana Gallery, organized the exhibit in honor of Cordiner. The exhibit will remain open until October 5.
Cordiner's widow, Lynne Hemingway Cordiner, said, "The pieces are your friends. They have a mind and soul of their own. His work is understood by the heart, not intellectually.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Mirror News Articles
Recent The Mirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIRROR NEWS
- Northern Colorado women's soccer ends derby with a win
- Darren Dunn means business in UNC sports
- Student Reactions to State of University Address
- IFS opens its season with a grand film showing
- Mexican Independence Day Celebration
- Northern Colorado hosts and sweeps volleyball tournament
- NCAA Hold Student Athletes to High Level
RECENT THE MIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections