Northern Colorado wrestling squad's woes continue against 25th-ranked North Dakota
The UNC wrestling squad dropped its second-to-last match of the season, 36-8, to No. 25 North Dakota State on Sunday.
The University of Northern Colorado (1-9, 0-4 Western Wrestling Conference) had only two wins in the match, coming at the 157-pound and 174-pound weight classes.
The first win was at 157 pounds, with sophomore Mitchell Polkowske earning a 16-1 technical fall against Tanner Carlisle.
The other Bears' win was from Jesse Nielsen, who won a closer bout, 7-6. At the end of the second stanza, Nielsen and his opponent, Hayden Zillmer, were tied at three before Nielsen got a third-round escape for his winning point.
Sophomore Henry Chirino had a close match at 285 pounds, going into two tiebreakers before Evan Knutson received the 3-2 decision.
The Bears have a final match this season, but there not for a couple weeks. The match will be on the road at 1 p.m. Feb. 24 at Air Force.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...