Northern Colorado wrestling squad's woes continue against 25th-ranked North Dakota
The UNC wrestling squad dropped its second-to-last match of the season, 36-8, to No. 25 North Dakota State on Sunday.
The University of Northern Colorado (1-9, 0-4 Western Wrestling Conference) had only two wins in the match, coming at the 157-pound and 174-pound weight classes.
The first win was at 157 pounds, with sophomore Mitchell Polkowske earning a 16-1 technical fall against Tanner Carlisle.
The other Bears' win was from Jesse Nielsen, who won a closer bout, 7-6. At the end of the second stanza, Nielsen and his opponent, Hayden Zillmer, were tied at three before Nielsen got a third-round escape for his winning point.
Sophomore Henry Chirino had a close match at 285 pounds, going into two tiebreakers before Evan Knutson received the 3-2 decision.
The Bears have a final match this season, but there not for a couple weeks. The match will be on the road at 1 p.m. Feb. 24 at Air Force.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Chiropractic Care Now Covered By Most Insurance Plans
- Foodies Flock to Greater Fort Lauderdale's Dining...
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind