University of Northern Colorado names new Director of Engagement
Last week, University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker announced the hiring of Deborah Romero as the director of Engagement at UNC.
Romero has over 20 years of experience in education having served at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, The Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico, and as program chair at the Autonomous University Queretaro, Mexico before coming to UNC.
During her time at UNC, Romero has taught undergraduate courses in English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics and Spanish. Before her recent promotion, Romero served as the Associate Director for Faculty Development at the Center for Enhancement for Teaching and Learning. This past year, Romero also served as co-chair of UNC's Community and Civic Engagement Committee.
In her new position, Romero will be responsible for working with the campus community on launching UNC's Civic and Community Engagement strategic plan.
"I am honored for this opportunity to serve our institution and very much look forward to engaging with faculty, students and others from across campus and our extended communities," Romero said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day