University of Northern Colorado names new Director of Engagement
Last week, University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker announced the hiring of Deborah Romero as the director of Engagement at UNC.
Romero has over 20 years of experience in education having served at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, The Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico, and as program chair at the Autonomous University Queretaro, Mexico before coming to UNC.
During her time at UNC, Romero has taught undergraduate courses in English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics and Spanish. Before her recent promotion, Romero served as the Associate Director for Faculty Development at the Center for Enhancement for Teaching and Learning. This past year, Romero also served as co-chair of UNC's Community and Civic Engagement Committee.
In her new position, Romero will be responsible for working with the campus community on launching UNC's Civic and Community Engagement strategic plan.
"I am honored for this opportunity to serve our institution and very much look forward to engaging with faculty, students and others from across campus and our extended communities," Romero said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses