University of Northern Colorado names new Director of Engagement
Last week, University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker announced the hiring of Deborah Romero as the director of Engagement at UNC.
Romero has over 20 years of experience in education having served at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, The Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico, and as program chair at the Autonomous University Queretaro, Mexico before coming to UNC.
During her time at UNC, Romero has taught undergraduate courses in English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics and Spanish. Before her recent promotion, Romero served as the Associate Director for Faculty Development at the Center for Enhancement for Teaching and Learning. This past year, Romero also served as co-chair of UNC's Community and Civic Engagement Committee.
In her new position, Romero will be responsible for working with the campus community on launching UNC's Civic and Community Engagement strategic plan.
"I am honored for this opportunity to serve our institution and very much look forward to engaging with faculty, students and others from across campus and our extended communities," Romero said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
- Season Appreciation Something of the Past
- ‘To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected’
- Up in smoke: Policy change impacts vapor shops in Northern Colorado
- Cyberbullies be warned
- Northern Colorado club sports offer students opportunities
- Northern Colorado swimming and diving takes third in WAC
- How to get a job in the tech age in Northern Colorado
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone