University of Northern Colorado names new Director of Engagement
Last week, University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker announced the hiring of Deborah Romero as the director of Engagement at UNC.
Romero has over 20 years of experience in education having served at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, The Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico, and as program chair at the Autonomous University Queretaro, Mexico before coming to UNC.
During her time at UNC, Romero has taught undergraduate courses in English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics and Spanish. Before her recent promotion, Romero served as the Associate Director for Faculty Development at the Center for Enhancement for Teaching and Learning. This past year, Romero also served as co-chair of UNC's Community and Civic Engagement Committee.
In her new position, Romero will be responsible for working with the campus community on launching UNC's Civic and Community Engagement strategic plan.
"I am honored for this opportunity to serve our institution and very much look forward to engaging with faculty, students and others from across campus and our extended communities," Romero said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...