Cans to Candelaria drive stacks hot dogs on donations
Before UNC's largest food drive begins, those in charge of running of Cans to Candelaria will host a hot dog cookout from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the McKee Breezeway to help bolster the funds sent to the Weld Food Bank.
Hot dogs cost $1 each. All proceeds of the event will be send to the food bank.
In addtion to serving hot dogs, the event will also provide live music.
According to the Cans to Candelaria website, in 2009, the total amount of food collected from the drive was almost 60,000 pounds.
Those interested in contributing can donate either individually, or with a campus club or organization. The food drive is also a competition among the participating teams.
One pound of food is equal to one point toward scoring. The food drive is part of this year's Homecoming competition point system. Cans to Candelaria is a canned food drive, and this will be the fifth year of the event.
For more information, visit www.unco.edu/canstocandelaria or call UNC journalism professor Lee Anne Peck at 970-351-2635. Information about the Weld Food Bank can be found by calling Scott Westfall at 970-356-2199.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Mirror News Articles
Recent The Mirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIRROR NEWS
- Born to Wander find their path
- Northern Colorado women's soccer wins against Nebraska-Omaha
- Local band spotlight: Silver and Gold
- Northern Colorado volleyball wins one in weekend tournament
- Northern Colorado defense holds off Huskies at home football opener
- Bears learn how to broaden their horizons
- BBC show features UNC professor’s research
RECENT THE MIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network