Cans to Candelaria drive stacks hot dogs on donations
Before UNC's largest food drive begins, those in charge of running of Cans to Candelaria will host a hot dog cookout from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the McKee Breezeway to help bolster the funds sent to the Weld Food Bank.
Hot dogs cost $1 each. All proceeds of the event will be send to the food bank.
In addtion to serving hot dogs, the event will also provide live music.
According to the Cans to Candelaria website, in 2009, the total amount of food collected from the drive was almost 60,000 pounds.
Those interested in contributing can donate either individually, or with a campus club or organization. The food drive is also a competition among the participating teams.
One pound of food is equal to one point toward scoring. The food drive is part of this year's Homecoming competition point system. Cans to Candelaria is a canned food drive, and this will be the fifth year of the event.
For more information, visit www.unco.edu/canstocandelaria or call UNC journalism professor Lee Anne Peck at 970-351-2635. Information about the Weld Food Bank can be found by calling Scott Westfall at 970-356-2199.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More UNC Mirror News Articles
Recent UNC Mirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNC MIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNC MIRROR NEWS
- Northern Colorado student Amber "Billy" Chadderdon finds her path
- COLUMN: Stay young-and classy-Northern Colorado grads
- EDITORIAL: Take advantage of summer while you still can, undergraduates
- Northern Colorado student Steven Josephson combines art and news
- Northern Colorado Hazel E. Johnson award winner aspires to be Colorado educator
- University of Northern Colorado swimmer balances nursing program and...
- The triple-major athlete: Joe Carroll Q&A
RECENT UNC MIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance