Cans to Candelaria drive stacks hot dogs on donations
Before UNC's largest food drive begins, those in charge of running of Cans to Candelaria will host a hot dog cookout from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the McKee Breezeway to help bolster the funds sent to the Weld Food Bank.
Hot dogs cost $1 each. All proceeds of the event will be send to the food bank.
In addtion to serving hot dogs, the event will also provide live music.
According to the Cans to Candelaria website, in 2009, the total amount of food collected from the drive was almost 60,000 pounds.
Those interested in contributing can donate either individually, or with a campus club or organization. The food drive is also a competition among the participating teams.
One pound of food is equal to one point toward scoring. The food drive is part of this year's Homecoming competition point system. Cans to Candelaria is a canned food drive, and this will be the fifth year of the event.
For more information, visit www.unco.edu/canstocandelaria or call UNC journalism professor Lee Anne Peck at 970-351-2635. Information about the Weld Food Bank can be found by calling Scott Westfall at 970-356-2199.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...