Cans to Candelaria drive stacks hot dogs on donations
Before UNC's largest food drive begins, those in charge of running of Cans to Candelaria will host a hot dog cookout from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the McKee Breezeway to help bolster the funds sent to the Weld Food Bank.
Hot dogs cost $1 each. All proceeds of the event will be send to the food bank.
In addtion to serving hot dogs, the event will also provide live music.
According to the Cans to Candelaria website, in 2009, the total amount of food collected from the drive was almost 60,000 pounds.
Those interested in contributing can donate either individually, or with a campus club or organization. The food drive is also a competition among the participating teams.
One pound of food is equal to one point toward scoring. The food drive is part of this year's Homecoming competition point system. Cans to Candelaria is a canned food drive, and this will be the fifth year of the event.
For more information, visit www.unco.edu/canstocandelaria or call UNC journalism professor Lee Anne Peck at 970-351-2635. Information about the Weld Food Bank can be found by calling Scott Westfall at 970-356-2199.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space