Cans to Candelaria drive stacks hot dogs on donations
Before UNC's largest food drive begins, those in charge of running of Cans to Candelaria will host a hot dog cookout from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the McKee Breezeway to help bolster the funds sent to the Weld Food Bank.
Hot dogs cost $1 each. All proceeds of the event will be send to the food bank.
In addtion to serving hot dogs, the event will also provide live music.
According to the Cans to Candelaria website, in 2009, the total amount of food collected from the drive was almost 60,000 pounds.
Those interested in contributing can donate either individually, or with a campus club or organization. The food drive is also a competition among the participating teams.
One pound of food is equal to one point toward scoring. The food drive is part of this year's Homecoming competition point system. Cans to Candelaria is a canned food drive, and this will be the fifth year of the event.
For more information, visit www.unco.edu/canstocandelaria or call UNC journalism professor Lee Anne Peck at 970-351-2635. Information about the Weld Food Bank can be found by calling Scott Westfall at 970-356-2199.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More uncmirror News Articles
Recent uncmirror News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UNCMIRROR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UNCMIRROR NEWS
- Prose leaves much to be desired by poet
- Volleyball drops first two conference games
- University of Northern Colorado Student Senate funds costume run
- The real question: Who said life is fair?
- Marijuana Musings
- International students find a home at Northern Colorado
- Northern Colorado workshop offers students study tips
RECENT UNCMIRROR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections